Barrie is the principal of Australian Immigration Lawyers and has practised in immigration law since he established his own law firm in 1984.
Barrie was one of the first lawyers in Australia to specialise in immigration and visa matters. Barrie is registered as a Migration Agent (registration number 0005550) and, prior to the introduction of the RMA scheme, was accredited for the purpose of providing immigration advice and assistance. He possesses a wealth of experience possessed by very few other immigration advisors.
- Is a Past President of the Australia – Singapore Chamber of Commerce and Industry
- Is a Past Vice President of the Australia – Korea Chamber of Commerce and Industry
Has been actively involved in the activities of the Australia – British Chamber of Commerce and Industry and the Australia – China Chamber of Commerce and Industry
- Has been involved in a number of other activities of a bilateral nature.
- Speaks regularly at seminars and conferences both in Australia and overseas.
- Is regularly interviewed on topics in which he specialises.